Friday, October 07, 2011

Burning like a soldier.

It's late but I just feel like I need to do this update.

So, Mayday Parade released their self-titled slightly more than two days ago and I must say this is an impressive album. When their first two singles are released, I was really doubtful whether this album will be living up to its hype. To be honest, after listening to the breathtaking A Lesson in Romantics and then the disappointing Anywhere But Here, I was never certain that Mayday will be able to produce a solid record, especially not after the departure of Jason Lancaster. But still I was willing to give it a listen.

On first listen, the album sounded as if it has too many songs with too similar sounds. However, this actually serves as an advantage, making the transitions from song to song smoother. In the end, it just sounds like a really long song. Lyrically, this album also performed exceptionally well, maturing a lot from the previous album.

Stay and Without The Bitter The Sweet Isn't As Sweet have got to be my favourite tracks off the album. Happy Endings Are Stories That Haven't Ended Yet also provided the epic ending for the album, the same way You Be The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground, I'll Be The Wings That Keep Your Heart In The Clouds did for ALIR. If I'm allowed to have a say on this, I'll say this album is worth listening.

No comments: