Monday, September 05, 2011

One chance to prove it.


Remember I mentioned that I would like to start my posts with quotes? Well, here's one. As much as I hope this is a classy line from a movie, it's not. It's actually a line from All Time Low's Stay Awake. I actually feel much more comfortable quoting from songs than from movies.

How do people even remember quotes from movies anyway? I bet they just google it something.

Oh, and have you ever come across those people who quotes from movies on the subject they are discussing about? Don't that look kinda suspicious? I mean, do these people really watched the movie and committed the quote to memory or do they just google for quotes related to their topic and use them? Either way, it's kinda loserish.

Pardon me for the uninteresting first-half of this post. Things will get worse from here.

My brain is not functioning properly right now, because it's two in the morning and I finished a freakin' half-marathon around 17 hours ago. Yup, that's right. Twenty-one km. Some parts of my body are still aching and my brain is dealing with them.

Anyway, I never thought I could finish this run. I was so under-prepared and so lack of sleep that I thought I will just give up. At one point of time, I really felt like just lying down on the road and sleep like a log. But I'm glad I pushed on. The timing is not flattering and the damage is so insane, but the finisher medal is just worth it. I'm a half-marathon finisher.

No comments: